Who We Are …
Bleyt Solutions Limited is a duly registered Company in Nigeria Bleyt offering a virtual account Platform known as Bleyt Wallet for its users. We also issue personalized Cards –physical and virtual for transactions. We are involved in Cash Management, transparent expenses/Payroll tracking and other related services.
This Terms and Conditions is an express agreement between Bleyt Solutions Limited (referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”) and all our service Users including but not limited to Bleyt Wallet users, Bleyt card holders, our Payroll Management System Users and all subscribers to all Bleyt Platforms.
What this Agreement Covers …
Registering for our Services
- To apply for our Account or subscribe to our Platform, you must be at least 16 years old, have a valid means of identification as detailed in our KYC Requirements, and have a verifiable contact address.
- Age indicated in your valid means of Identification or BVN will be deemed valid and true. Your access to our accounts and registration of your account shall be on the basis of the information that you have provided to us. You must provide accurate information and tell us of any changes as soon as possible so that our records remain correct.
- Your use of our Account will be by downloading our App via your mobile phone or visit the website on a browser.
Our Virtual Accounts and Cards
- Bleyt Wallet Accounts are virtual Account with e-money account held in your preferred currency/ denomination. The Card is a prepaid card, not a credit or charge card.
- Your Card is issued by us under our license from authorized Card issuers with whom we are your direct correspondents. You have no right or obligation to and from our authorized card issuers other and have no contract with them and the Card remains our property.
- The rights and obligations relating to the use of your Account and the Card is as set out in this Agreement between you and us;
- You agree that all communications including this Agreement shall be in English and by e-mail, SMS for issuing any service notices or information about your Account or Card and therefore it is important that you keep your e-mail address and mobile phone number updated via our platforms. You may download a copy of this Agreement from the Website.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the Third Party Providers you choose to interact with via our platform is authorized by a Regulator to provide their services.
- Unless you provide your explicit consent or share your Account credentials with the Authorized Third-Party Provider and grant access to your Account, only you shall be able to have access to your account upon provision of the requisite credentials.
- If an Authorized Third-Party Provider requests access to your Account to provide you with their services using your App credentials, we will assume that you have given consent to do so. Please note we must provide access to your Account if it is requested by an Authorized Third-Party Provider which is properly authorized by a Regulator and we can only refuse access in certain circumstances.
- We are not a party to any third party transaction processed via your account or on any of our platforms and will not be liable for any damages, claims or indemnify any transaction.
Using your Account
- ****Your Available Balance and transaction history can be checked via our App.
- ****You can also check the Available Balance at an ATM.
- ****Your monthly Account statements will be available on the App free of charge and every month we will send a push notification, SMS or email to notify you that your statement has been updated.
Delivery and Activation
- The Card will be posted to your preferred address.
- Upon receipt, we require that you acknowledge receipt and activate it via the App.
- Once the Card has been activated, a PIN will be provided which should not be disclosed to anyone by you or us.
- Changing your can be done with an ATM that has PIN change functionality. Selecting or changing the PIN is your responsibility and we advise you not to select a PIN that could be easily guessed, such as a number that is easily associated with you, such as your telephone number or date of birth; or is part of data imprinted on the Bleyt Card; or consists of the same digits or a sequence of running digits; or
- Our Card can be used at any Merchant to make purchases in-store, via the internet and can be used to obtain cash through ATMs (fees may apply). A transaction can be authorised on the Card at any Merchant by entering your PIN or other security code. A transaction can also be authorised by tapping the Card against a Contactless enabled reader. Please be aware that you may not usually stop a transaction once it has been authorised as at that point it is considered to be received by us.
Refusal/Decline of a Transaction
- We may refuse to execute a transaction if the transaction is unlawful or fraudulent. We will treat the transactions as authorized and genuine if the Card PIN or other security code personal to you is used.
- As provided in our KYC Policy, when you have reached your approved daily limit, such transaction may also be denied pending the lapse of the daily duration.
- Where we are required by a regulatory to allow NO Debit Transaction on your account, we are obliged to comply.
- A transaction may also be declined if perceived to be fraudulent or attempts to alter the stated procedure of this Agreement.
- We may charge non-refundable service fees on a declined transaction but the cost of the declined service shall not be deducted.
Transactions on your Card
- Our Card is a prepaid debit card, which means that the Available Balance will be reduced by the full amount of each transaction and authorisation, plus any applicable taxes and charges, including additional ATM charges if any. You must not use the Card if the Full Deductible Amount exceeds the Available Balance.
- As a security safeguards, Merchants that accept our Card are required to seek authorisation from us for all of the transactions that are made by you. There are some circumstances where Merchants may require you to have an Available Balance greater than the value of the transaction you wish to make. You will only be charged for the actual and final value of the transaction you make. Merchants request this as they may need to access more funds than you initially planned to spend.
- The use of our Card is impossible where you cannot obtain online authorisation that you have sufficient balance for the transaction.
- We do not accept that our Card be used as a form of identification.
- The use of our Card or Platform for any illegal purpose or in any manner prohibited by law is strictly prohibited.
- Refunded funds will be added to the Available Balance of the Account when we receive the funds from the retailer.
- You may use the Card to make transactions in a currency other than your preferred currency (“foreign currency transaction”), the amount deducted from your Account will be converted to naira on the day we receive details of that foreign currency transaction. We will use a rate set by the Card Isuuer, which will be available on each Working Day and changes in the exchange rate shall take effect immediately. Exchange rates can fluctuate and they may change between the time you authorise a transaction and the time it is deducted from your Available Balance. You can find out the exchange rate applied to a transaction in your transaction history.
- The expiry date of the Card is as printed on the front. You will not be able to use your Card once it expires. We may send you a replacement Card if requested at a stated fee.
- Any Available Balance remaining on your Account at the Card expiry will remain yours for a period of six years from the expiry date. Within this period, you may at any time transfer any Available Balance on the Account to a bank account (subject to our Account Limits). You will not have an access to your Account and we will not return any funds remaining on the Account after six years from Card expiry and this Agreement will terminate.
Using the Bleyt Platform/Account
- ****Subject to your Account Limits, your account on the Bleyt Platform can be used for setting up recurring payment, for making airtime and bill payments, and for making and receiving transfers. A BVN is entitled to only one Account.
- ****You may receive payments using a Payment Link however; you agree to bear the full responsibility of providing the products and/or services for which the payment link was created. You are solely responsible for your products and services paid for using our payment link product. We are under no obligation to respond to your customers’ inquiries about your products and services. You agree to submit all refunds for returns of your products and services that were paid for through the Payment Link to your customers in accordance with this agreement.
- ****the event of a dispute by your customer, related to not getting promised value, you agree to refund the full or partial payment to the affected customer. Failure to do so will result in termination or suspension of your account.
- ****Payments received with via our Payment Link will be settled into your instantly. Charges may apply..
- ****For Making Payments with our Payment Link you agree that only the merchant (payment link creator) is liable to provide the products and/or services for which the payment was made. Please ensure that you are paying to a trusted payment link creator as we will not be obligated to refund you in the event that you do not get the promised value.
To report a merchant that you suspect is fraudulent, kindly send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding your Account
- Subject to applicable Account Limits, funds can be added to your Account via transfers from another Account on the Bleyt Platform, via bank transfers to your NUBAN Account and authorized cards. Your Account Details will be required for adding funds via one of these methods. Applicable fees are as stated in your transaction dashboard.
- A payment coming into your Account may not be credited to your Account if the Account has reached the Account Maximum Balance or Account Limits; or the Account is inactive or blocked; or the sender has provided incorrect/invalid Account Details for your Account; or we suspect fraudulent activity on the Account; or to do so is prohibited by any law.
- The funds may be sent back to the sender without notifying you.
- The Available Balance on your Account will not earn any interest
Withdrawing from your Account
- To make a bank transfer from your Account, you will need to provide the bank name and account number of the person you wish to pay. To make an account transfer, you will need the phone number of the person you wish to pay.
Saving with Us
- There is no monthly fee for using our savings services; we reserve the right to charge fees for the services in the future. We will notify you before charging a fee for the services by delivering notice to you electronically, by posting such fee on the Website, or by any other method permitted by applicable law. If you continue using the services after such notice, you must pay all applicable fees for the services.
- You can only withdraw from your savings box at the end of the the duration you specified for that plan.
Payroll Management/Recurring Payments
- Upon authorization of a merchant to receive a Recurring Payment from your Account, you are required to specify that a payment should be effected on a day or on the last day of a certain period, then we will treat the payment instruction as being received on the day specified.
- Recurring Payment is usually taken from the initializing Account at the beginning of the Working Day it is due.
- It is your responsibility of to check there is sufficient Available Balance before any payment is due. If your Account does not have sufficient Available Balance, any Recurring Payment will be rejected.
Authorization for payments and stopping payments
- you are responsible for ensuring correct recipient Account details and payment amount is provided when making any payment or setting up a payee. You are responsible if you give us incorrect instructions or mistakenly instruct us to make the same payment more than once, but we will try to help you get the money back. We may not always be able to do this, but we will do all we can. If we cannot get the money back, you can request the relevant information we have about the transaction to help you reclaim the money. We will provide this information on receiving a written request from you, unless the law prevents us from doing so.
- You can authorize us to make a payment from your Account via the App or our Platform by setting up electronic payments and giving us instructions via a third party, such as through a direct debit scheme. We will treat a payment as authorized by you if:
- the transaction was authorised from the App using the required entry passcode or credentials and that the payee had been approved;
- you have set up or agreed to any Recurring Payments to be taken from your Account.
Refusal or Decline of Payments
We may refuse to execute or process a payment (without prior notice to you) if:
- the Account does not have sufficient Available Balance to cover the payment and related charges; or
- the Account is suspended or closed; or
- the Account has reached its Account Limits; or
- we need to do so to comply with the rules of the payment system; or
- we suspect fraudulent activity on your Account or the payment is unlawful or fraudulent; or
- we are concerned about fraud or unauthorised access to your Account by third party; or required to comply with any law.
We are not liable for any loss this may result in, nor will we be obliged to inform the intended recipient where we refuse a payment in the circumstances above.
Inquiries on a declined or pending payment may be made by contacting email@example.com
Stopping a Recurring Payment
A payment once authorised might be irrevocable howevr, you may be able to stop a Recurring Payment provided that:
If you stop or cancel a Recurring Payment, it is your responsibility to tell the recipient to whom the Recurring Payment is payable. We will not be responsible if you fail to inform them and the recipient will not have any claim against us.
In a situation where a payment is processed for an amount greater than the Available Balance on your Account, you must repay us the amount by which the Full Deductible Amount exceeds your Available Balance immediately after receiving an invoice from us. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action and/or closing your Account, to recover any monies outstanding.
Cancellation or Deactivation
- You may cancel your Account and any Cards before activating them, and up to 14 calendar days after the date of activation (“cancellation period”), by calling Customer Services. You may transfer any Available Balance to a bank account (subject to Account Limits) before cancelling your Account.
- You may close your Account at any time after the cancellation period and redeem any Available Balance on the Account through the App by contacting Customer Services. Alternatively, you may at any time transfer any Available Balance to a bank account (subject to the applicable Account Limits) and call Customer Services to close the Account.
- Once the Available Balance is redeemed and the Account is closed, your Agreement will terminate. However, if you have an outstanding to us, then your Account will remain active and your Agreement will continue to apply to you until there is no money outstanding on your Account.
- All Direct Debit transactions that were set up on the Account will be rejected once your Account is closed.
- For any additional withdrawals, fees or charges discovered to have been incurred on your Account following the processing of the redemption request, we’ll send an itemized invoice to you and we will require you to refund us immediately after receiving the invoice. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action, to recover any monies outstanding.
Your liability and authorizations
- ****You are responsible for the use of your Account and any Cards issued for your Account.
- ****Restrictions may be imposed or refuse to authorize any use of your Account and any Cards issued to your Account including transactions in any legal jurisdiction if using the Card or the Account or our Platform is causing or could cause a breach of this Agreement or if we have reasonable grounds for suspecting that you or a third party has committed or is about to commit a crime or other abuse in connection with the Card or Account.
- ****Where appropriate, any refusal to authorize a Card transaction will be relayed to you via the Merchant concerned.
- ****It is your responsibility to sign your Card as soon as you receive it and keep it safe. You must also keep safe any security information or credentials related to the e Card, Account and App and other Bleyt Platforms.
- ****You will be liable for all unauthorized transactions that arise from the use of a lost or stolen Card or Account security information or the misappropriation of the Card if you fail to: keep the Card and/or security features of the Card and Account safe, or notify us that the Card is lost or stolen.
- ****It is your responsibility to ensure you do not:
- allow another person to use your Card, PIN or security information related to the Account.
- write down password(s), PIN or any security information related to the Card, Account and App unless this is done in a way that would make it impossible for anyone else to recognise any of that information, or
- disclose your PIN or any security information related to your Card, Account and App, or otherwise make them available to any other person, whether verbally or by entering them in a way that allows them to be observed by others; or
- enter the PIN in any ATM that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached or is operating in a suspicious manner.
- ****You will be responsible for all transactions which you authorise, whether such transactions are made by you from the Account or by authorising a third party to do so on your behalf.
- ****You will be liable for all transactions that take place as a result of you acting fraudulently or failing to comply with this Agreement with intent or gross negligence. Any such transactions and any fees and charges relating to such transactions will be deducted from the Available Balance on your Account.
- ****It is your responsibility to keep us updated of changes to your information, including e-mail address and mobile numbers. Failure to do so may result in us being unable to contact you regarding your Account, including the provision of refunds to which you might be entitled or to let you know about changes to this Agreement.
- ****You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, us and our distributors, partners, agents, sponsors, and service providers and their group companies from and against the costs of any legal action taken to enforce this Agreement and/or any breach of this Agreement or fraudulent use of the Card, Account, App log in details, or PIN by or authorised by you or any other intellectual Property utilized on the Platforms.
- ****The App is supported on Apple iPhones running iOS versions, Android and Windows Operating Softwares where the operating system has not been modified, or jailbroken, or configured to allow software installation from anything other than the Apple App Store. Use of the App on a device is at your risk and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or data, information or financial loss.
Lost, stolen or damaged Card
- In the event of loss, theft, fraud or any other risk of an unauthorized use of the Card or Account, or if the Card is damaged or malfunctions, you must block your Card via the App immediately or contact Customer Services.
- In the event that you notify us in accordance with this Agreement that your Card, security information related to your Account or Card or App credentials has been lost or stolen you will be liable for any loss that takes place prior to us being notified.
- In situations where you have informed us, then you will not be liable for losses that take place following the date on which you informed Customer Services. If there is an Available Balance remaining on your Account, you can request for a replacement Card for your Account. If we replace the Card, the replacement will be delivered to your address (fees apply).
- In the event that we have reason to believe that you have acted fraudulently or have acted with gross negligence or intentionally in failing to notify us of the lost or stolen Card or have failed to keep your Card or security information related to your Card and Account safe or you have breached this Agreement then you shall be liable for all losses.
The applicable fees shall be as stated our Platform or in your app dashboard. In case of any review, a general notification will be sent and you will be notified via a Push icon of such update or review.
Unauthorized and incorrect transactions
- if you have a reason to believe that a transaction on your Account was unauthorised by you or a Payment Service Provider or was made incorrectly, you must inform us immediately, but in any event within 1 month of the date of the relevant transaction.
- If you report unauthorized transaction to us:
- We will by the end of the next Working Day refund the unauthorised amount including any fees to your Account to the position it would have been in if the unauthorised transaction had not taken place.
- We are not obliged to refund the unauthorized sums to you if we have reason to believe that you have acted fraudulently and we may notify the police or any other authority permitted by law. If we don’t provide a refund by the end of the next Working Day but subsequently confirm that the transaction was unauthorized, we will refund the sums to you straight away.
- We will have no further liability to you once we have refunded the unauthorised sums to you. If we subsequently discover that you were not entitled to a refund, we shall treat the refund as a mistake and be entitled to reapply the transaction, including any fees, to your Account.
- You will be liable for all unauthorised transactions made from your Account if you have acted fraudulently or deliberately or with gross negligence failed to keep the Card, Card security information or App credentials safe in accordance with this Agreement, or where you have failed to notify us without undue delay on becoming aware that the Card, security information related to the Card or App credentials has been lost or stolen.
- Payments made to your account erroneously or by mistake may be withdrawn by us and/or we may put a hold on the money so it cannot be spent without notification to you.
Refund and Chargeback
You will not be entitled to a refund you have given us your consent for the payment to be made; and where applicable we (or the person or a Merchant you agreed to pay) have given you information on the payment in question at least four weeks before the due date of the payment; or if the payment in question was higher than you reasonably expected to pay is due to a change in any currency exchange rate.
- We may change this Agreement, including fees and limits by providing you with at least 5 days prior notice by e-mail (provided you have supplied us with an up-to-date e-mail address) and will ensure the most recent version is always available on the App.
- If you do not agree with the changes to the Agreement, you may at any time within the 5 days’ notice period terminate your Agreement and close your Account in accordance with this Agreement at that time without a charge. However, in the event you do not cancel during this period then you will be deemed to have accepted them and the changes will apply to you.
- There are some situations where we can make changes to this Agreement and we do not have to tell you in advance. These are changes you probably expect because of the nature of the product or service, or that you won’t mind about because they are favourable to you. We do not have to tell you personally in advance when any of the following happen: if the change is in your favour, if we reduce your charges, if we make this Agreement fairer to you, or if we introduce a new service or feature from which you can benefit.
- We make a change because a change in law or regulation says that we have to by a particular date, and there isn’t time to give you notice.
If any part of this Agreement is inconsistent with any regulatory requirements then we will not rely on that part but treat it as if it did actually reflect the relevant regulatory requirement. If we need to make operational changes before we can fully comply with the new regulatory requirement, we will make those changes as soon as reasonably practical. We will update our Agreement to reflect the new regulatory requirements when they are next reprinted.
Termination or Suspension
We can terminate this Agreement at any time:
- if we give you two months’ notice and refund the Available Balance to you without charge, or
- with immediate effect if you have breached this Agreement, or if we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use the Card or Account or any of the services provided on our Platforms in a grossly negligent manner or for fraudulent or other unlawful purposes or if we can no longer process your transactions due to the actions of third parties.
- We can suspend or terminate your Card, Account and Account Details at any time with immediate effect (and until your default has been remedied or the Agreement terminated) without any prior notice to you if:
- We discover any of the information that you have provided to us when applied for your Account was incorrect; or
- we believe that this is necessary for security reasons; or
- we suspect or to prevent suspected unauthorised or fraudulent use of your Card, Account or any security credentials related to any Cards or Account; or
- if you have reached your Account Limit; or
- any legal obligations require us to do so; or
- you have breached this Agreement or we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use the Card or Account or the App credentials or any of our services in a grossly negligent manner or for fraudulent or other unlawful purposes or if we cannot process any transactions due to the actions of third parties.
In the event that we do suspend or terminate your Account then if we are able to do so, we will tell you in advance otherwise we will let you know immediately afterwards (to the extent the we are permitted by law). We may advise anyone involved in the transaction if a suspension has taken place.
In the event that any additional fees are found to have been incurred on your Account following termination by either you or us, then subject to this Agreement, you shall refund to us any sum which relates to a withdrawal on the Account or fees and/or charges validly applied whether before or after termination. We will send an invoice to you and will require you to refund us immediately. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action, to recover any monies outstanding.
Our liability in connection with this Agreement (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), and breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall be subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
- we shall not be liable for any default resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond our control, including but not limited to, a lack of funds and/or failure of network services at ATMs, maximum withdrawal limits set by ATM operators and failure of data processing systems;
- we shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, or any indirect, consequential, special or punitive losses;
- where the Card is faulty due to our default, our liability shall be limited to replacement of the Card, or at our choice, redemption of the Available Balance;
- where sums are incorrectly deducted from your Available Balance due to our default, our liability shall be limited to payment to you of an equivalent amount;
- in the unlikely event that sums are deducted from your Available Balance but you did not authorize such deduction in accordance with this Agreement then our liability shall be to the deducted sum; and
- in all other circumstances of our default, our liability will be limited to redemption of the Available Balance.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or (iii) any other liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
To the extent permitted by law, all conditions or warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
The above exclusions and limitations set out in this paragraph shall apply to any liability of our affiliates, , and other suppliers, contractors, agents or distributors and any of their respective affiliates (if any), to you, which may arise in connection with this Agreement.
In the event of suspected or actual fraud or security threat to your Card or Account, we will use SMS, telephone, post, email or another secure procedure to contact you. We may ask you to verify your identity for security purposes.
A Payment Service Provider will have access to your Account where we have your consent to provide their services to you, you should know that we have no control over how a Payment Service Provider will use your information nor will we be liable for any loss of information after a Payment Service Provider has access to your information.
You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and/or benefits under this Agreement and you shall be the sole party to the contract between us. You will remain liable until all Bleyt accounts issued to you are terminated and all sums due under this agreement have been paid by you in full. We may assign our rights and benefits at any time without prior written notice to you. We may subcontract any of our obligations under this Agreement.
If you have a query regarding your Account, please contact us using the chat function, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org